Apply for a Mural
Our community-driven mural making process builds on Mural Arts’ guiding principles of collaboration and equity, and is open to every individual in Philadelphia. We are looking for ideas that tell the story of our city and connect people through creativity. Read on to find out how you or your community group can request a mural—artists with ideas are welcome!—and please review our mission statement before starting your application.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online form below! If you need assistance or a paper application, please contact Cathy Harris, Director of Community Murals, at 215-685-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can fill out the application at any time, and there is no waiting list. You will hear from us whether your application is approved or not approved.
- Mural Arts staff reviews mural applications twice per year: submit your application by March 15 to hear back by May 15, or submit by November 15 to hear back by January 15.
MURAL APPLICATION CHECKLIST
If you can answer YES to most of the questions below, you are in a good position to proceed with the application!
- Have I talked to my neighbors and/or community groups about a mural?
- Have I identified a wall that faces traffic and does not peel, crack or have leaks?
- Have I tried to speak with the wall owner and/or obtain permission for a mural on that wall?
- Do I have a fabulous idea for the mural that will be meaningful for the whole community?
- Am I able to work with Mural Arts Staff to have at least three to five (3-5) meetings about the mural?
- Have I made a firm commitment to maintain the area around the mural with my neighbors?
- Did I include a photograph of the wall with my application?
Questions? Call 215-685-0750 or email email@example.com