About Mural Arts
Mural Arts Philadelphia is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change.
We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 80 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces, which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving
Mural Arts seeks a Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving. This individual will play a significant role ensuring a strong base of corporate and individual supporters. Much of their time will be focused on developing and administering sponsorship campaigns for events, projects, programs, and other organizational priorities. They will also play an important role implementing annual giving campaigns, with a focus on new and entry level donors (up to $1,000). This position is full time and reports to Mural Arts’ Director of Philanthropy, who will be largely responsible for strategy driving the work of this position.
- Prepare research for and participate in meetings with supporters
- Prepare materials for and participate in routine board and advisory committee meetings
- Ensure strong meeting follow-up by sharing notes and actions, and keep stakeholders on task
- Input research and reports of contact into Raiser’s Edge
- Develop written and graphic materials (proposals, packets, etc.) to support follow-up and outreach
- Propose giving levels and benefits for individuals and corporations
- Implement and track campaign strategies, including managing those conducting outreach on Mural Arts’ behalf (such as staff, Board, Advisory Council, and others)
- Administer sponsorship and annual giving benefits
- Participate in ongoing stewardship of and reporting to campaign sponsors
- Enter select campaign gifts into Raiser’s Edge with support from the Manager of Development Operations
- Conduct routine prospect research on individuals and corporate prospects, and propose those we should pursue
- Screen new corporate and individuals donors to assess their interest in increased involvement
- Plan and implement donor-oriented events designed to draw people closer to the work of the organization
- Routinely update the donor section of the Mural Art website, including ticket and donation pages for events and fundraising campaigns
- Steward an assigned portfolio of key individual and corporate stakeholders
- Build strategies for lower-level gift campaigns, as assigned
- Manage board, advisory, or project committees, as assigned
- Represent Mural Arts at public events
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
- Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Three to five years of experience in positions with comparable levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia arts and culture landscape or business/corporate landscape preferred
- Experience managing donor events preferred
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
Interested applicants must submit resume and cover letter listing salary requirements addressed to Christina DePaul at email@example.com. Candidates who advance in our selection process will be asked to submit writing samples. Applications will be accepted until a hire is made.