About Mural Arts
Mural Arts Philadelphia is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change.
We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants. And through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered by our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 80 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces, which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Director of Development
Mural Arts seeks a Director of Development. This individual will have responsibility for all fundraising efforts for the organization and will manage and mentor the development staff. Mural Arts is a growing organization with a total budget of 10M, 55-65% of which is raised revenue. We are specifically seeking someone with experience in individual giving and major gifts who can grow these dimensions of our fundraising portfolio. The position will report directly to the Chief Strategy Officer. The Director of Development will serve on Mural Arts’ Leadership Team and will work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Staff, and the Board of Trustees to ensure Mural Arts has the necessary resources to achieve its goals and advance its mission.
- Expand the existing development program and implement strategies for revenue growth aligned with the strategic plan and evolving needs of the organization.
- Establish and attain measurable annual goals for each development fundraising component in collaboration with appropriate staff, consultants, and board of directors.
- Set goals for, supervise, and mentor three direct reports and one indirect report including a Manager of Individual & Corporate Giving, Senior Manager of Institutional Relations, Manager of Development Operations, and Development Services Coordinator.
- Engage the development committee of the board to help attain annual goals. Develop agendas, reports and minutes to properly support the work of this committee.
- Work to cultivate new sources of support with an emphasis on individual giving, including major and planned gifts.
- Develop written materials, appeals, annual reports, and other donor focused communications pieces.
- Directly manage a portfolio of major donors and major gift prospects.
- Evaluate and refine the departmental infrastructure to support increased efficiency and efficacy in fundraising activities.
- Develop and manage the annual department budget.
- Collaborate with senior staff, the Board and consultants on development of fundraising and cultivation events.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
- Demonstrated record of attracting and securing significant gifts from donors
- Demonstrated record overseeing and producing written and graphic fundraising materials
- The ability to appeal to a sophisticated donor community
- Comfort and ease with technology; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia region’s philanthropic community strongly preferred
- Experience managing donor events preferred
- Experience launching endowment or reserve campaigns preferred
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the public arts field is desirable
- Five to ten years of experience in fundraising positions with comparable levels of responsibility
- Supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Mural Arts is pleased to offer a competitive and comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
Interested applicants must submit resume and cover letter listing salary requirements addressed to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Director of Development application 2018”. Candidates who advance in our selection process will be asked to submit writing samples. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until October 12, 2018.
Accounts Payable and Administrative Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Process payments for all outside vendors and independent contractors
- Collect & process vendor invoices for payment
- Submit proper reports to the bank
- Print and mail checks on a weekly basis
- Maintain organized file for each vendor
- Collect tax information from all contractors/vendors/artists
- Work with MAP staff and vendors to settle any disputes over charges and follow up with vendors to ensure we are in good standing
- Track and issue all independent contractors 1099s
- Track contracted payments and hours for lead artist and assistant artists
- Scan contracts for PMO office
- Serve as Administrative Liaison to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate Meeting Calendar
- Prepare Board packets and attend quarterly board meetings.
Front Desk Support
Backup support to Front Desk Manager to handle front desk responsibilities including:
- Welcome and direct guests
- Answer and direct phone call
- Accept mail/package deliveries and notify proper staff
- Order office supplies
- Ability to problem solve by anticipating issues
- Good general accounting book knowledge and math skills
- Reporting accurate and timely information
- Attention to Detail and highly organized
- Proficiency with Financial Edge and Excel a plus
- Deadline-Oriented and ability to work under pressure
- Take responsibility and ownership of assigned duties
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Time Management
- Self- Motivated
This position is primarily for an Accounts Payable Clerk with consideration for other responsibilities based upon experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
Position provides a salary ranging between $38K and $42K with benefits commensurate with experience.
Prior Accounts Payable experience is preferred.
Please provide resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2018.