This year’s Mural Arts Month, presented by TD Bank, explores the theme: A Universe of Possibility! Offering community members and visitors alike a chance to experience Mural Arts beyond the wall, Mural Arts is bringing the 2022 theme to life via a 45-day Mural Arts Month pop-up at the Independence Visitor Center, where guests can learn about the murals that make Philadelphia the “Mural Capital of the World.” Serving as a centralized Mural Arts Month hub, visitors will uncover Mural Arts happenings across the City of Philadelphia throughout the month, including key highlights:
- Mural Arts Fest at LOVE Park
- Mural exhibition and live mural painting for kids and families at Please Touch Museum
- Mural Mingle Happy Hour Series at Yards Brewing Co.
- Special walking tours and Mural Miles Run
- Design unveil of Mural Arts’ new Kensington van
- Dedications and activities featuring Philadelphia’s newest murals and public art projects.
Art ignites change and opens A Universe of Possibility to be explored. This October is all about imagining the creative possibilities that art can provide our communities. The changes we can make when we open up our minds. The breakdown of walls through art's universal language that we all see, speak, and feel.
Join us throughout October for an activity-filled month that will feature mural dedications, panel discussions, community events, artist spotlights, a film screening, mural tours, and more.