Please bookmark this page and visit in the future for the next application deadline and training dates for 2020.
The annual local Muralist Training Program is a six to ten-week program designed for local artists who are representative of the diverse communities of Philadelphia and are interested in adapting their skills to public community-based mural making. It offers:
- A comprehensive overview of the community mural-making process – from contracts and community meetings to design issues and mural production.
- Instruction on mural-making techniques, the “cloth” (polytab) method, and production materials and best practices.
- An opportunity to acquire hands-on skills and exhibit your work.
Space is limited. Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria”
- Appropriate quality of the portfolio and skill level
- Dedication to local, regional Philadelphia, community-based work
Additional Questions? Please contact Mural Arts Staff Artist David McShane, firstname.lastname@example.org.