To those of us who work for Mural Arts Philadelphia every day, our greatest accomplishment is in what lies behind these walls: the enrichment of thousands of young men and women through art and art education.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Mural Arts Philadelphia. We continually seek a diverse range of artists for mural painting and teaching opportunities throughout Philadelphia.
The first step to becoming a muralist with Mural Arts is to be rated as a qualified artist by submitting your resume and a portfolio of work samples. We review these submissions twice annually (in February and September). Our next application deadline is August 30, 2019, 5 p.m.
We also use this form for our Mural Training Program.
- Applicants fully qualified to receive a mural commission will be placed in a pool to receive RFQs (requests for qualifications) and RFPs (requests for proposals) for upcoming commissions.
- Applicants with strong skills who would benefit from more mural experience will be placed in a pool to be considered to either assist in future mural projects or enter the Mural Training Program.
- We invite all other applicants to further develop their portfolios and apply again in the future.
Please submit the following items to complete the portfolio submission process:
- Completed the form below
- Upload your current resume
- Upload up to 10 digital images uploaded as part of this on-line electronic form.
- Digital images should have the following specifications: jpg or png, RGB color, and 1240 pixels X 1240 pixels maximum in size.
- The following naming conventions should be used for your digital images: your last name, first initial of your first name, number 01 through 10, and then the .jpg extension (ex. smithj-0l.jpg)
- Color printed images should be on 8.5 x 11 paper and should be labeled on the back in the following manner: # 1-10, artist’s name, title of work, size and date.
*To submit a paper application, see below.
*Labels protect your images against loss. Paper applications can be delivered by mail or in person to:
Mural Arts Philadelphia
Attn: Artist Application
Lincoln Financial Mural Arts Center at the Thomas Eakins House
1727-29 Mount Vernon Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Faxed applications will not be accepted. Please email email@example.com or call 215-685-0750 with any requests for applications or questions and concerns.